By booking ANY water activity with Jaws Watersports, and participating in any water activity, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Full payment is due at the time of booking. This can be in the form of online booking system (Stripe), Cash, or Credit/ Debit card. The person making the booking accepts responsibility for payment for everyone on the booking and is responsible for ensuring that all other persons on the booking read the Terms and Conditions and that they are aware of the booking details.
- All participants must complete the participation form (in confirmation email) before they will be allowed to take part in any surf lessons. Parents or guardians must sign for participants who are under 18 years of age.
- In certain groups where applicable a group leader/ Guardian can sign. e.g. a school teacher can sign on behalf of the group. Jaws Watersports does not accept any responsibility for a leader/guardian who has failed to get participation forms signed by their group.
- Lesson times are occasionally subject to change depending upon sea conditions, extreme weather, any changes will be notified in advance via email, phone or text message.
- Should the Jaws Watersports have cancel a water sports activity, due to adverse weather, beach closure or flat conditions, then an alternative time / session will be offered. If this is not suitable, then Jaws Watersports will offer a voucher credit or a full refund to the Client of any monies paid for the activity. Please refer to the Flat & Extreme Condition Policy below.
- Jaws Watersports reserve the right to cancel or change course dates subject to notification of those persons booked on to course.
- Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the Jaws Watersports database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. This information will not be forwarded to third parties.
By taking part in activities with Jaws Watersports I agree to the following:
- I accept that the activity of ANY water activity AND/OR land-based activity offered by Jaws Watersports carries with it a degree of risk both to people and property, even if enjoyed under proper supervision by qualified instructors.
- I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance even though I understand that this is my responsibility. Jaws Watersports will not be held responsible for
- accidents/ injury/ death unless caused by their negligence.
- I have declared any medical conditions (e.g. asthma, epilepsy etc.) or any other special needs
- that may affect mine or others’ safety whilst participating and accept Jaws Watersports do not accept any responsibility for any conditions not disclosed. No-one should participate in any water activity if they are suffering from a heart condition of if they are pregnant.
- I will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during the surf lessons. Staff reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I agree to allow Jaws Watersports to use photographs, of the surf lessons, taken by them or any nominated third party, for their promotional purposes.
- I agree to abide by all instructions and decions that Jaws Watersports and it’s instructors make in order to secure the safety and comfort of all participants.
- Jaws Watersports staff may require any participant to leave the surf lesson without compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself or any other user or staff member.
- Jaws Watersports does not accept responsibility for items lost. It is recommended that valuables such as – jewellery, watches, electronic devices, mobile phones, money or cards etc – are not brought on the outing.
Refund & Cancellation Policy: (due to Covid-19)
- If the activity with Jaws Watersports is cancelled due to Covid-19 government guidelines, a full refund will be offered to the customer.
- If a customer cancels their activity with Jaws Watersports due to any change in Covid-19 government guidelines where they cannot travel, the participant has tested positive of Covid-19, displaying symptoms relating to Covid-19, they are a close contact of covid-19, they will receive a full refund.
Refund & Cancellation Policy (due to flat or extreme conditions)
- In case of lesson cancellation due to adverse weather conditions or flat surf (for a surfing lesson), we will offer the ability for our pre-paid customers to come back on an alternative day when weather conditions are suitable for a surf lesson. We will also offer alternative activities (SUP or Kayaking) where possible.
- If the customer is unable to change their activity to a different day / time we will offer a Jaws Watersports voucher to the value of the surf lessons missed. This voucher is then valid for one year and can be used at any time.
- If a cash alternative is required, then Jaws Watersports will only offer this when the lesson has been cancelled by a Jaws Watersports instructor due to adverse or flat conditions. A cash refund will be not be offered to customers who choose to cancel their lessons for other reasons not stated in the terms and conditions.